In January 2021, The NAMM Foundation featured The International Ukulele Teaching Symposium during NAMM's Believe in Music Week. The popular event hosted by Peter Luongo featured renowned ukulele community leaders discussing best teaching practices during the current remote-learning period and beyond. Based on the Symposium's extraordinary success, the NAMM Foundation is delighted to continue the dialogue about teaching and learning to play the ukulele with the International Ukulele Teaching Symposium Webinar Series. Monthly episodes from March through July 2021 will feature in-depth conversations with All-Stars of the Ukulele world sharing instruction models used with their own established, successful programs.
Music educators, ukulele teachers, learners, enthusiasts, community program coordinators, etc., are invited to join the conversation about the growing trend to teach, learn, and enjoy music-making by employing the ukulele as the instrument of choice for aspiring musicians of all ages.
- March 25th: J. Chalmers Doane, the man who created Canada’s ukulele initiative 50 years ago. His daughter, Melanie who established a community program 10 years ago that currently offers weekly lessons to 1,000 students in Toronto, Canada.
- April 29th: The founders of the most successful ukulele studio in Hawaii, Roy and Kathy Sakuma and their most famous alumnus, Jake Shimabukuro.
- May 27th: Peter and Paul Luongo, and Elizabeth Zielke will discuss The Langley Ukulele Association (Est. 1981) that features the internationally acclaimed Langley Ukulele Ensemble.
- June 24th: James Hill will speak to the multiple teaching and learning initiatives that he has developed under the UKETROPOLIS label.
- July 29th: A panel of workshop and festival organizers (Cathy Fink, Marcy Marxer, Ben Hassenger, Mary Agnes Krell) will discuss learning formats for opportunities that will be available for ukulele enthusiasts in 2021 and beyond.
For more information about the complete International Ukulele Teaching Symposium Webinar Series, link here.
There are no special offer products to list.